Liturgy and Prayer
All School Mass
The Brother Rice school community will celebrate all-school liturgies approximately once per month per the schedule below. The Masses are held at St. Regis Church at 10:40 AM, unless otherwise indicated. Parents/families are always welcome to attend.
2015 -16 Mass Schedule
- Aug. 31 Mass of the Holy Spirit
- Sept. 24 All School Liturgy
- Oct. 27 All School Liturgy
- Nov. 24 Mass of Thanksgiving and Gratitude
- Dec. 8 Immaculate Conception Mass
- Feb. 2 Catholic Schools Week Mass
- Feb. 10 Ash Wednesday Mass
- Mar. 17 Lent & St. Patrick’s Day Mass
- Apr. 14 All School Liturgy
- May 5 Feast of Blessed Edmund Rice – Founders Day and Hall Of Fame Mass
- May 19 Baccalaureate Mass and Dinner
Thursday Morning Daily Mass
We celebrate mass every Thursday at 7:20am in our school chapel. All students, parents, faculty and staff are invited. Mass will conclude by 7:50 so as not to interrupt period 1 classes.
The recitation of the Holy Rosary will take place in the school chapel each Wednesday throughout the school year. The praying of the Rosary will take place during a class period each week on a rotating basis. It will be led by parent volunteers, and may be attended by Theology classes or any students free during the scheduled class period.
Prayer is central to all that we do at Brother Rice, with each class period and activity beginning with prayer. Additionally we begin and end the school day with prayer over the PA system.