Essential Elements #3: Stand in solidarity with those marginalized by poverty and injustice
Posted: November 21, 2013
Kyle Johnson, Grant Wilkins, Dominic Wile, Luke Stehney, Marquel Butler, Nicholas Macina and Nico Mancini at Lighthouse of Oakland County (Not pictured is Dominick Adams).
The Essential Element of a Edmund Rice Christian Brother Education calls for our community to “Stand in solidarity with those marginalized by poverty and injustice”.
This week the Campus Ministry office took a group of student to Lighthouse of Oakland County. There the boys unloaded cars and trucks and then sorted the food into sections so it can later be distributed as Thanksgiving Dinner.
Other ways to stand in solidarity include:
- Promote policies and structures that reflect a climate of compassion for the poor and disadvantaged
- Include education and advocacy for peace, justice, global awareness and care for the Earth
- Prepare students to work toward the creation of a just society
- Encourage ministry experiences that work with and serve the poor and marginalized
- Support mission areas at home and abroad
- Establish tuition and scholarship policies that open educational opportunities to the poor and disadvantaged
We are very proud of these young men and ask you to support them as they support our community.
Live Jesus In Our Hearts…Forever.